National Fire Awareness Week
As we enter February we are focused on Fire and the widespread damage it can cause to those affected by its wrath. February 4-10 is National Burn Awareness Week and we want to focus our attention on how we can help burn victims. One way that we can help those affected is to support the resources that are available to aid in their recovery. We have devoted our time and energy for over 5 years now to help raise funds for our local burn center. The USA Medical Center's Arnold J. Luterman Regional Burn Center is the only facility of its kind within a 250 mile radius to offer complete patient care from injury through recovery. Each year we host Crawfish for a Cause to raise funds for this amazing facility. This family friendly event offers all you can eat crawfish and beverages, live music and a silent auction. Tickets are only $25 for those 10 and over and include all you can eat crawfish and beverages. Children 9 and under are free. All proceeds go directly to the Burn Center. Last year we were able to donate over $12,500 to help this awesome cause. Tickets can be purchase on Eventbrite or by contacting our offices at 251-343-0534.
Why SERVPRO is the right choice to make
All of our employees that enter your home are trained to safely clean and restore your home or business after it's faced a loss.
Below are the steps that we take for Cleaning and Restoring Your Home or Business in regards to a water loss:
- Identify the Source/ Type of Water
- Measure Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
- Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises for Hidden Moisture
- Perform Emergency Water Extraction
- Move and Block furniture and Contents
- Inspect Carpet Pad/Carpet and Provide Service
- Apply Necessary Treatments (Disinfectants/Deodorization)
- Utilize Advanced Drying and Monitoring Equipment
- Dispose of Refuse
All of our technicians are IICRC certified and have extensive knowledge about our services and equipment. Even if we can’t do the job we will help in finding a service who can handle it.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Home
SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile
SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.