Is Your Property Winter Ready?
Rainy and cold weather in the South can have a huge impact on your home or business if you are not properly prepared. This year has been a record year for rainy weather. Whether it is heavy rain, freezing temperatures, damaging winds, or sometimes ice all can cause serious and costly property damage. While you cannot control the weather, you can take steps to be prepared and help take the sting out of winter weather.
To help prevent costly damages due to weather, consider taking the following precautions to protect your property before colder weather hits.
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper working order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered during the fall. Leaves and other obstructions can lead to a damming effect, that can lead to roof damage and interior water problems.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazer potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install matts or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open allowing warm inside air to circulate around the pipes. If the building has outdoor faucets, consider shutting water off at the main valve in the basement or crawl space. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drains, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
- Ask your SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile Professionals about completing an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your business. The ERP is a no cost assessment to your facility, and provides you with a plan to get back in business fast following a disaster.
When winter weather strikes, call your SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile Professionals to strike back. We can provide anything from temporary heat, desiccant dehumidification to water damage cleanup and repair.
Why We Are First Choice for Insurance Adjusters
Commercial Water Loss in Mobile, AL
WHY MORE INSURANCE AGENTS CHOOSE SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile
SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile blends customer service with accountability! SERVPRO understands your responsibility to provide results to your shareholders and clients.
We are here to make you look good.
There are many ways to ensure success as an insurance agent. Having a strong office staff, a company who pays claims in an ethical and timely manner, advertising, being involved in your community, and maintaining a positive relationship with your clients. Our SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile team knows how critical it is that every job goes as smooth as possible, ensuring your clients trust you time and time again when they need help. Our teams are trained to reduce the lost time and mitigate the damages as quickly as possible. Whether it’s fire, water, mold or any other cleanup; we are here to help, 24 hours a day.
Our team members are available for direct cellular calls 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. You earn your client’s loyalty by providing timely solutions. You provide help in a time of need. Instead of offering a call center solution, our team members are available to take the call on their business line! We will personally call your client back, offer a listening ear, and take away some of the fear they are experiencing.
Having a relationship with SERVPRO and our team of highly trained professionals has many benefits. We will ensure help arrives quickly (following our 1-4-8 time commitment), and our production team will help your clients regain control of their lives by treating them with respect, courteousness and working hard to get the job done the right way the first time. There are no unwelcome surprises with SERVPRO. Calling direct reduces wait times. The faster SERPVRO's team can arrive onsite to perform the cleanup, the better the results.
Where Mold Can Hide
Hidden Mold in Theodore, AL
Mold can occur anywhere in a home but mainly is concentrated to areas where moisture is present. These moisture areas are common to the bathroom, crawl spaces (Common in Mid Town Mobile, AL) and in basements. Mold can cause respiratory problems and should be removed if found as soon as possible. Most restoration companies only do mold inspections if the mold is visible, an industrial hygienist would come in and search for traces of mold that are not visible.
One of the first places mold can collect and you may not think to check is under the refrigerator. Under the fridge tends to collect moisture and dirt which can cause a breeding ground for bacteria and mold.
Another place is the AC unit. AC units are known to collect debris, dust and moisture from the air, which can lead to mold spores.
Mold can even grow in or around a washing machine or its parts. Moisture and lint can cause a presence of mold spores.
Other area in the house include anywhere moisture and dirt may form such as window corners. If you suspect mold, call SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile and we will make it "Like it never even happened".
Mold Damage and High Humidity in your Home
Mold Everywhere in Mobile, AL
Unintended consequences of modern building methods used in areas like Mobile, AL may include damage to structures and contents. Tightly sealed windows, doors, and other building materials help conserve energy. Lack of adequate ventilation in homes built since the 1970s lets moisture build, contributing to mold growth. Once established, the mold colonies need professional remediation.
If you notice an “off” or musty smell in your Mobile, AL home, would it surprise you that mold damage could be the cause? In our climate, both building materials and the systems we use to heat and cool must handle extremes of temperature and humidity. Moisture levels and temperatures that get out of balance support the growth of fungal colonies out of the many mold spores always in our environment. Standard cleaning methods are inadequate to control a mold infestation. Our expert mold remediation crews contain and remove mold growth, and then sanitize the affected areas to inhibit future outbreaks.
Molds need moisture to grow, and SERVPRO knows a remediation job is not complete until the source is found and eliminated. In Mobile, AL high humidity levels can be the culprit. When ambient humidity rises above 60 percent, some species of mold absorb that airborne moisture and multiply. During our summers, the air is often sticky, and if air conditioning or dehumidifiers are not used consistently, mold takes advantage of the water vapor.
Winters also pose the risk of high interior humidity as our HVAC systems or freestanding humidifiers run constantly to battle the dryness of the heated air. Parents run humidifiers when children struggle with allergies or upper respiratory infections, often making things worse if mold develops and its byproducts irritate susceptible individuals. Consult a healthcare provider if you're worried about a mold and health status connection.
SERVPRO crew members test for humidity levels and seek for other hidden pockets of moisture when we respond to a mold event. All technicians work with you to reduce home humidity to safe levels between 30 and 50 percent. Calibration of the humidifier in your HVAC system may be a solution, and if mold has developed in the ductwork, we offer cleaning, sealing, and disinfection of those spaces.
The reduction or elimination of other humidifying events also helps, including running bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans, and checking dryer vents for obstructions. SERVPRO employees train in advanced water removal and drying techniques. Should our meters and scanners reveal water behind a wall, beneath a cabinet, or in any other area we deal with it. Water issues must be resolved to avoid mold problems in the future. SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile has the experience and training to remediate mold damage in your home. One call to us will start a development of a plan to assess the issues and address the problem professionally.
9 Ways To Prevent Holiday Fires in Mobile, AL
Dangers of Christmas Tree Fires in Mobile, AL
Holidays are here with weeks of celebrating with family and loved ones. But with celebrations comes potential dangers. Here is a great article I found by Anglea Nelson.
More home fires happen in the winter than any other time of year, according to the National Fire Protection Association. And it’s not hard to figure out why — those chilly months are when we turn on our heating systems, use space heaters or light a fire in the fireplace.
Winter also brings the holidays. So make sure the only sparks that fly this season are between you and your sweetie as you smooch under the mistletoe. Here are nine tips from the safety experts at UL for preventing a house fire.
Related: How to Survive a Fire
- Keep an eye on candles.Keep lighted candles away from items that might catch fire, including curtains, table runners, fresh garlands and wrapped gifts. Blow out the candle before you leave the room.
- Avoid stove distractions.Cooking is the number one cause of house fires. If you leave the kitchen while something's on the stove or in the oven, carry an oven mitt with you as a reminder to go back and tend to the food. Keep children and pets away from the cooking area. Wear short, close fitting or tightly rolled sleeves as you stir and simmer, since loose clothing can dangle onto burners and catch fire.
If you have a fire on the stove, turn off the burner and cover the pan with a lid. Never use water, baking soda or flour to extinguish a grease fire. Also, never carry the pan outside, as you could spread flames throughout the house in the process.
If your oven catches fire, turn off the heat, and keep the oven door closed.
Related: Quiz: Are You Prepared for a House Fire?
- Water your Christmas tree.If you have a real tree,letting it get dry is a fire hazard. A tree needs water once or twice a day for the first few weeks. If you have a fake tree, read the label. It should say “fire resistant.” But that doesn’t mean fireproof. Don’t place any kind of tree near a fireplace, radiator or lit candles.
- Have fire extinguishers in your house.You should have one ABC fire extinguisher on each level of your home, near the exit, and in your garage if you have one. It's a good idea to have smaller, supplemental fire extinguishers for your kitchen and car, says John Drengenberg, consumer safety director for UL.
- Use space heaters wisely.Keepspace heaters three feet away from combustibles such as curtains, clothing, bedding and furniture. Unplug the appliance when you’re not using it.
- Install and test smoke alarms.Install at least one UL-listed smoke alarm on every level of your home, including the basement andinside and outside every sleeping area. Test smoke alarms at least once a monthand replace the batteries twice a year.
- Get yourfireplace,chimney and wood stove inspected. These should be cleaned and inspected by a professional every year. Your fireplace should have a sturdy screen to prevent embers from flying into the room.
- Have your furnace inspected.Call a professional toservice your furnace once a year. You can replace or clean the furnace filter yourself — the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute recommends doing it three times a year. Keep combustible materials, such as paint thinners, gasoline or kerosene, away from the furnace.
- Keep flammables away from the fireplace.Make sure garland, wrapped presents and even stockings are far enough away that they won't catch fire if a spark flies. If you want to hang stockings over the fireplace mantel, move them when you light a fire.
5 Quick Tips on Being Prepared Before Water Strikes
Office Building Water Loss in Mobile , AL
Consider these 5 tips to better prepare. Water Damage can be traumatic, but being prepared can put you at ease.
- Look up your insurance coverage. Most renter’s or homeowners insurance policies don’t cover flooding, or even a sewer backup. Find out what coverage you have.
- Keep a record of all of your belongings. Take photos and keep copies of a receipt or other documents for the more valuable items. Store a copy of these records online or at another location. If you do experience water damage, it can be easy to forget about certain items.
- Take steps to limit the risk of water damage within your home by checking pipes frequently and paying attention to any indicators of water damage, such as dripping sounds in the walls, dark spots on the ceiling, or significant change in your water bill.
- Set up your home so that it is less at risk of damage from heavy rains or flooding by ensuring that your roof is sound. Make sure there are no cracks in the foundation. Check that the landscaping around your home is sloped to direct water away from your foundation, rather than toward it.
- Find an expert you can count on. Water damage can be overwhelming, and you don’t want to be desperately searching for a water restoration expert at 3 AM when the pipes break.
About SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile
SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Do You Have Water Damage?
Water Damage from Hurricane Nate in Mobile, AL
GOT WATER DAMAGE?
We are here to help, SERVPRO responds immediately. SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile proudly serves each of our clients, from residential to commercial. We will be on site quickly and our staff will give you the personalized attention you deserve. We specialize in the cleanup of water damage, fire damage, smoke damage, mold removal, trauma cleanup, vandalism cleanup, carpet cleaning and duct cleaning. Let us help you make it, “Like it never even happened.” Visit our website to see Before and After Pictures and other Blogs. SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile is ready 24/7 for any of your needs. We are a locally owned family company right here in Mobile County.
The Do's and Don'ts of Water Damage in Mobile, AL
Water Damage is scary in Mobile, AL
No one wants to come home to a flooded home or to wake up to the sound of a broken pipe spraying water on valuable furniture and household possessions. However, the possibility of water damage occurring in your Mobile, AL home is very real. Whether it is a pipe burst or a weather-related issue, it is important to arm yourself with some basic knowledge to deal with this type of emergency before it happens.
Here are a few tips to help in the event of water damage in your Mobile, AL home or business:
- First, ascertain whether it safe to stay in the house.
- Make sure there are no active electrical devices or outlets immersed in or near the water.
- Note that wet floors are slippery and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Keep in mind that wet materials can be VERY heavy.
- Have your plumber’s phone number ready and available.
- Contact your SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile 251-343-0534
While waiting for your SERVPRO Professional to reach your location, here is what you CAN do:
- Shut off the water
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air condition on for maximum drying in the Summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects and other prized possessions to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT to do After Flooding:
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
Unseen Water Damage Is Not Good Water Damage
You may not see it, but it's there. Thermal Camera use in Mobile, AL
There's no such thing as small disaster. Especially when the water you don't see contains bacteria - or causes mold, rot, and other unseen damage. Water damage can affect the value of your property. So before you get out the mop bucket and box fan to try and clean it up yourself, consider how this will affect your property.
Here at SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile, we understand how disruptive unseen water damage can be for your business. For this reason, we offer 24-hour emergency response and, under normal circumstances, will have a trained, uniformed Franchise Professional on-site within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly with a full line of water cleanup and restoration services, we can help YOU regain control quickly while drying, deodorizing, and protecting your facility and its contents.
So, before you risk further damaging the value of your facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, give us a call at 251-343-0534 and we'll work to make the disaster, "Like it never even happen
When a Storm Hits, SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile is READY!
Storm Damage from May 2017 in Mobile, AL
Are you ready for the storm, we are! SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile County is ready 24/7.
SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property.
Since we are locally owned and operated right here in Mobile, AL, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
We have years of experience with Storm events. Just in the past year, we have been called into action from the floods of Baton Rouge, Kansas City, Hurricane Harvey and right here in Mobile, Hurricane Nate. SERVPRO is the leader in Storm Events and Restoration.