After the fire is out and the smoke is cleared the real work is ready to begin. At SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile, we are there to help you every step of the way. Everyone thinks about the clean up and restoration that is involved after a fire, but the process is much more involved than you may expect. It is not just the structure that is affected but also personal belongings as well. The first step after a serious fire, is to remove all of the contents and transport them to our climate controlled warehouse. We use a revolutionary new software system called iCat to electronically photograph and catalogue each item as we pack it up. This system means that we know exactly where each item was located in the house and what box it was packed in to. Not only does this allow us to place the items back in the corresponding rooms when we bring it back, but it also allows us to quickly locate anything you may need during the cleanup process. You even have access to the inventory log via the online site while it is being cleaned and stored at our facility. This is just one more way that SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile is committed to providing the best service to our clients!
Trauma and Crime Scene Clean Up
Trauma or crime-scene clean-up can be a difficulty task with many hazards that require specialized skills. In addition to the obvious health risks that may be encountered on such a job, there is also many times an emotional element that must be dealt with in a professional and empathetic manner. At SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile, our technicians have undergone extensive training and received IICRC certification in the safe and effective removal of bio hazards. Our team members keep up to date with all OSHA, EPA, federal and state regulations to effectively remove contaminants and ensure they are disposed of in a safe and responsible manner. We also spend an extensive amount of time training our technicians on dealing with our customers who are often undergoing one of the most traumatic experiences of their lives. It's about more than the nuts and bolts of clean-up. It's about doing a job that needs to be done and taking care of those that need us most!
Green Cleaning in Mobile, AL
This is the After Picture of a Duct Cleaning. You should of seen the before!
Spring is right around the corner and that means it’s time for the heavy duty scrubbing that we have neglected over the past few months. Do you dread the thought of all that cleaning? Maybe you don't know how to best clean certain areas or you don't have the proper tools to do the job. Whatever the case don't forget that green means clean! Let SERVPRO wipe your worries away and get your home or office in tip top shape to kick off the summer season. And you can rest assured that all of our cleaning methods are effective and safe for you, your home and our environment. When we say GREEN CLEANING, we aren’t just talking about the color of our uniforms! We will make it, "Like it never even happened."
Commercial Water Loss in Mobile, AL
We have been told by many of our clients that the work we do is like “magic”. Everything is wet and then suddenly its all dry and restored to its preloss glory. Well folks, sorry to disappoint but the team members at SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile aren’t magicians and we don’t have a bright green magic wand. Our highly trained technicians are actually experts in the “science of drying”. Drying is a complicated process that requires a working knowledge of psychrometry in order to fully dry a structure. A psychrometer is a tool used to measure the humidity within the atmosphere. Water can damage structures through both direct contact and by being absorbed through water content in the air. It is critical that the moisture content of the air be monitored to ensure the effectiveness of the in place drying methods. At SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile, our team members have undergone rigorous training to become experts in the “science of drying”. They hold various IICRC certifications including:
Applied Structural Drying
Commercial Drying Specialist
Water Damage Restoration Technician
One Stop Shop
At SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile, we like to think of ourselves as a one stop shop. We take pride in customizing services to meet the unique needs of each industry that we serve. One way that we take care of our property owners and realty companies is through our complete menu of cleaning services. From carpets and tile to draperies, blinds, walls and ceilings; we can clean it all. To make the process even easier for you, we have created special cleaning packages to help turn around rental properties. From basic to premier, we have a wide range of package options to suit a variety of needs. When you call SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile, you can also rest assured that you will be receiving superior results unrivaled by any other cleaning company. Our team members undergo rigorous training and certification to ensure that they are knowledgeable in the best methods to suit each, unique situation they may face. We also utilize cutting edge technologies such as self contained floor cleaners and the Esporta washing system to provide you with the outstanding results you can expect from SERVPRO.
Fire and Water
When fire affects your commercial building you may think it is your only worry, but think again...fire damage and water damage often go hand in hand. Where there is fire, there is usually water. In order to extinguish the flames, fire crews obviously use water. The combination of soot and water can leave behind a formidable mess. The crews at SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile are experts at both fire and water damage. We can assess the extent of the fire damage and design a cleanup plan to address both the primary damage and the secondary water damage that can result from the extinguishing methods. We have team members that have undergone extensive training specific to fire and water remediation, to ensure expertise in both areas. When you want to get you are ready to get back to business as quickly as possible, call the experts at SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile. We are ready and waiting to make it “Like it never even happened."
National Fire Awareness Week
As we enter February we are focused on Fire and the widespread damage it can cause to those affected by its wrath. February 4-10 is National Burn Awareness Week and we want to focus our attention on how we can help burn victims. One way that we can help those affected is to support the resources that are available to aid in their recovery. We have devoted our time and energy for over 5 years now to help raise funds for our local burn center. The USA Medical Center's Arnold J. Luterman Regional Burn Center is the only facility of its kind within a 250 mile radius to offer complete patient care from injury through recovery. Each year we host Crawfish for a Cause to raise funds for this amazing facility. This family friendly event offers all you can eat crawfish and beverages, live music and a silent auction. Tickets are only $25 for those 10 and over and include all you can eat crawfish and beverages. Children 9 and under are free. All proceeds go directly to the Burn Center. Last year we were able to donate over $12,500 to help this awesome cause. Tickets can be purchase on Eventbrite or by contacting our offices at 251-343-0534.
Emergency Tips on a Home Fire
Your home is a place to relax, play and enjoy spending time with your family. Our home is also where we spend a good bit of our time, which is why we are going to talk about some simple steps to minimize the risk of getting hurt. Below are some helpful tips to prevent serious injuries that are often completely preventable.
What to Do in case of fire or smoke damage:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Blow or brush vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes and carpets.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpeted traffic areas.
- Clean and protect chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances with light coating of Vaseline or oil.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What Not to Do in case of fire or smoke damage:
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO professional.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting your local SERVPRO professional.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances, TV’s, radios, etc. that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Do not use any canned or packaged foods or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water- they may have been contaminated.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be wet or damaged.
- Do not send fabrics to an ordinary dry cleaner- improper cleaning may set the smoke odor
Is Your Property Winter Ready?
Rainy and cold weather in the South can have a huge impact on your home or business if you are not properly prepared. This year has been a record year for rainy weather. Whether it is heavy rain, freezing temperatures, damaging winds, or sometimes ice all can cause serious and costly property damage. While you cannot control the weather, you can take steps to be prepared and help take the sting out of winter weather.
To help prevent costly damages due to weather, consider taking the following precautions to protect your property before colder weather hits.
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper working order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered during the fall. Leaves and other obstructions can lead to a damming effect, that can lead to roof damage and interior water problems.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazer potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install matts or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open allowing warm inside air to circulate around the pipes. If the building has outdoor faucets, consider shutting water off at the main valve in the basement or crawl space. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drains, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
- Ask your SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile Professionals about completing an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your business. The ERP is a no cost assessment to your facility, and provides you with a plan to get back in business fast following a disaster.
When winter weather strikes, call your SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile Professionals to strike back. We can provide anything from temporary heat, desiccant dehumidification to water damage cleanup and repair.
Why We Are First Choice for Insurance Adjusters
Commercial Water Loss in Mobile, AL
WHY MORE INSURANCE AGENTS CHOOSE SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile
SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile blends customer service with accountability! SERVPRO understands your responsibility to provide results to your shareholders and clients.
We are here to make you look good.
There are many ways to ensure success as an insurance agent. Having a strong office staff, a company who pays claims in an ethical and timely manner, advertising, being involved in your community, and maintaining a positive relationship with your clients. Our SERVPRO of Southwest Mobile team knows how critical it is that every job goes as smooth as possible, ensuring your clients trust you time and time again when they need help. Our teams are trained to reduce the lost time and mitigate the damages as quickly as possible. Whether it’s fire, water, mold or any other cleanup; we are here to help, 24 hours a day.
Our team members are available for direct cellular calls 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. You earn your client’s loyalty by providing timely solutions. You provide help in a time of need. Instead of offering a call center solution, our team members are available to take the call on their business line! We will personally call your client back, offer a listening ear, and take away some of the fear they are experiencing.
Having a relationship with SERVPRO and our team of highly trained professionals has many benefits. We will ensure help arrives quickly (following our 1-4-8 time commitment), and our production team will help your clients regain control of their lives by treating them with respect, courteousness and working hard to get the job done the right way the first time. There are no unwelcome surprises with SERVPRO. Calling direct reduces wait times. The faster SERPVRO's team can arrive onsite to perform the cleanup, the better the results.